Dr. Meredith Castin, PT, DPT
Dr. Meredith Castin, PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, entrepreneur, career strategist, and owner of The Non-Clinical PT. She is considered a thought leader and influencer in the rehabilitation (PT, OT, SLP) professions.
Her work as a specialized career strategist has enabled countless physical, occupational, and speech therapy professionals to overcome burnout and glass ceilings by finding fulfilling positions in a variety of non-clinical careers. Dr. Castin provides educational content, courses, job application materials, and one-on-one career strategy calls. She has also helped numerous companies such as Force Therapeutics, New Gait, Eyes On Eyecare (formerly CovalentCareers), Broda Seating, DME Consulting Group, and others with specific candidate sourcing needs.
Dr. Castin has been featured on WebPT, MedBridge Education, Thrive Global, Fairy Godboss, Student Doctor Network, OT Potential, Redfin, Rasmussen, ITA Excels, The Curly Clinician, PPS Impact, PT In Motion, Expedia, Cubesmart, Shout Out SoCal, Livestrong, CoreMedical Group, and more.
She has also been featured on numerous podcasts, including the following:
Dr. Castin has taught as an adjunct professor at University of St. Augustine and has been a featured speaker at San Diego State University, University of St. Augustine, PT Pub Night, and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) national Combined Sections Meeting. She also co-created Beyond Clinical Practice: a Catalyst Group in The APTA. In 2021, she was an inaugural recipient of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences Force for Good award.
In addition to her website, The Non-Clinical PT, which has 30,000+ monthly pageviews, she has a strong social media presence:
- Private Facebook networking & jobs group (24,000+ followers)
- Facebook business page (8,400+ followers)
- LinkedIn business page (9,800+ followers)
- Instagram (4,200+ followers)
Dr. Castin’s expert topics include:
- Career strategy for rehabilitation (PT, OT, SLP) professionals
- Non-clinical healthcare careers
- Resumes, cover letters, networking, and job applications
- Burnout among healthcare professionals
- EHR, EMR, and EMS considerations and how they relate to burnout
- Recruiting, hiring, and sourcing talent for non-traditional roles
- Women in business and entrepreneurship, being childfree by choice
- Transitioning from clinical work to telehealth and remote PT
When she’s not involved with professional or advocacy efforts, you can find Meredith hiking, biking, kayaking, creating art, recording music, walking her (resentful) cats on leashes, and hanging out with her husband.